Thursday, October 8, 2009

Zumba workout + Womens Strength Training Body by Vi Challenge, Day 21!


Its Monday, and I survived the weekend. I managed to workout AND watch what I ate. I awoke this morning feeling lean and strong. In fact, I felt better than I have in years!
The truth is, I am thinner now than I have been in almost 10 years! The last time I was below 125 was just before my pregnancy with my daughter. Ever since then I have held on to a little cushion. I know I didn’t look bad… but I didn’t feel great. Knowing that my body weight is right about where it was before kids is a triumph!

Tomorrow morning I go in for my official BMI calculation and fit test. Would have been great to have this done 21 days ago… but such is life and schedules, and well…LIFE! I’m excited to have some real numbers to go on. I’m a great lover of statistics and will work to beat them all day long in my business. I’ll be doing the same with the numbers I get tomorrow!
Watch for the posting of the real numbers tomorrow.

I’m a mom of two – and they are glorious beings. Now its time to get ME back. I have a life to live past motherhood of little ones, and this is part of my journey.

Day 21 of the ViSalus Body By Vi Challenge!

My calorie blaster of choice today was Zumba, followed by some free weights.

Monday morning has been a Zumba workout morning for almost a year now. I’m so grateful for the day I decided to try this Latin dance style cardio workout. I remember being majorly winded and being totally lost on the choreography. But the music moved me- and I knew I had to master that Zumba class!

I’ve always been a dancer- but never had any real training. Sure, I danced African style Samba way back when… but I was really led by the drums and it was hard to get it wrong! I wasn’t even a cheerleader, OK? So I was totally lost in Zumba at first! But I stuck with it. I learned the steps over time, and how to follow the instructors cues. It feels awesome to learn to follow choreography at this point in my life.

You can learn to do anything, if you set your mind to it.

What do you want to learn to do? Whats stopping you?
I’d love to know! Post it in the comments!


Originally posted by Melanie Milletics at: Visalus Body By Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment