Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Do women need strength training to lose weight? ViSalus Body by Vi Fitness Challenge


Do women need strength training to lose weight? Yes, if you want it to happen quickly! And lets face it, when it comes to weight loss, we women want it off like, yesterday! Lifting weights is one sure way to increase rate at which those unwanted pounds fall off.

How? Because muscle burns more calories at rest than fat. So even as you are sitting at your computer right now, you could be burning off those extra calories that you ate today… IF you had done some strength training to build up muscle!

Let Denise tell you some of the benefits of strength training for women:

I could do a cardio workout every day – its alot more FUN and it gets those endorphins pumping. I don’t find my weight lifting sessions fun. In fact , they HURT. They hurt when Im doing them, the day after and even worse on the 2nd day… but its SO worth it!

As a mom of 2, I find that if I dont strength train and keep myself reasonably strong, I can get really soft quickly. My metabolism slows, and I start to blow up – even if Im not eating more food.
Does this sound like you?
Are you overweight, feel sluggish and weak? Then get on the challenge, drink your shake a day and get active! Include strength training in your regimen and watch the pounds fall off much quicker, as you watch your body transform.

A strong woman is a slim woman- and a woman who moves forward to achieve her goals is unstoppable!

You want to feel strong, fit, and accomplished, don’t you? Join the ViSalus Body by Vi Challenge!

challenge banner



Originally posted by Melanie Milletics at: Mom Weight Training

No comments:

Post a Comment