Saturday, September 12, 2009

Why Zumba Makes Me Rich! Body by Vi ViSalus Fitness Challenge Day 7

Its Monday, and most people dread them right? I mean, its usually the end of the weekend and the day you need to set the alarm again and drag yourself to work. I mean, people do have to WORK, it makes the world go round…

But I have to say I’m totally ecstatic about Mondays! I look forward to Mondays as I know I get to dance with the wild and crazy Wendy at Zumba!
At 10am at our local YMCA, at least 50 women convene for 60 minutes of high energy Latin inspired dance moves done to an international mix of music. The result is massive calorie blasting, endorphin pumping and pure FUN on a Monday morning! Its the perfect start to the week.

Zumba makes me RICH!
It truly enriches my life. I was born to dance – am made to dance, as we all were. Before Zumba, I felt a sense of loss for not being able to express this aspect of my self regularly. As a Mom, I found that I went out less and less to dance. I certainly did not spend my weekends clubbing anymore, or even as I had in the past – traveling to festivals to dance! Could you say I smiled less because I wasn’t dancing? Absolutely! Was I aware of how much I missed dance? Oh yes, I was!

In an effort to smile more :) , I resolved to join a dance class locally. In the past I had danced with a troupe that performed with a Batucada ensemble. That is, I danced an African style Samba with a group of about 80 drummers! Talk about high- energy and fun! It was an incredible time. However, its not something I was going to find in my little Florida town…
I was a member of the YMCA though, and in looking over the schedule I saw this class called Zumba that was described as a Latin inspired workout – and I figured, why not try…
I was hooked! My instructor is this incredibly tight blond Irish chick who speaks not a word of Spanish, but moves like she was born of Latin blood. Turns out she has been a dancer and cheerleading coach for years and years – so she does alot of her own choreography and is an excellent teacher. I feel really lucky to have Wendy as my Zumba teacher at the Y! I get my dance class, as many as 3x per week if I like, and its included in my membership :)

I smile more now that I take Zumba – I really do! I smile as I enter, as my freinds and I know we are about to have a blast – and I smile as I leave sweaty and full of the happy endorphins that start my week. I am grateful that I am an American woman with the freedom to dance my azz off on a Monday morning!

I make more money now that I take Zumba? Could it be true? Zumba makes me rich? I do believe so- it is an expression of life – of living an ecstatic, joyful life and for me that includes dance. It helps to break my mind out of a rut. You cannot jump around and sweat for an hour, learning new dance routines, and not have a shift in consciousness – its just impossible! I have walked out of there with inspired ideas – and keep a notepad in the car for jotting such ideas down… Some of my best work is done on a Monday, after Zumba. So yes… Zumba makes me Rich!

I forgot to load the battery into the camera today – so I couldn’t get Wendy on film – sorry! I told her to dress in her Zumba wear for next Monday’s class and I’d film one of her original choreographed dances. Until then, here is a great vid I found on YouTube . As you can see, Men SO Zumba too! In fact… Beto Perez created this revolutionary fitness program – and he is most definitely, a MAN! Check him out in the vid below:

Zumba is part of my weekly fitness regime for the ViSalus Fitness Challenge, Body by Vi ! Join me to morph your body into the YOU thats hiding inside :)

challenge banner



Originally posted by Melanie Milletics at: Body By Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment